Wednesday 9 September 2009

Day 4 - Toast!

First non-fruit food today, toast for breakfast. Jacob had a good nom on it, and got considerably messier than he has done with anything else so far, which surprised me.

I'm finding we're getting into a bit of a routine with regards to clearing up and keeping clean. In the morning he gets up, comes downstairs in his sleepy suit and has his first bottle straight away, then plays for an hour or two before his nap. After his nap we play for a little while then have breakfast, after which I take him back upstairs for a wipedown and to get dressed.

This makes it a lot easier as I only have to worry about the state of his clothes during lunch (and find it's easier to remove any long-sleeved tops and trousers, and feed him in just vest and bib). If we do a 'tea' meal, it's usually after his afternoon bottle and before his bath/bottle/bed routine, so I can take him straight up and plonk him in the bath.

We didn't do tea today as he was a bit under the weather, and lunch was the same as tea yesterday (mango, melon and pineapple). I was eating a Muller Rice and he was avidly watching me, so I scooped up a bit with his spoon and gave it to him. It went accurately into his mouth but then he absolutely screamed - I don't know what he didn't like about it but he was inconsolable :(

I think we'll stick to the home-prepared foods for a while - no more sugary puds.



No comments:

Post a Comment